Special Offer: Free Access to CLCD Databases for Libraries
Recognizing the enormous strain on libraries and educators brought about by COVID-19, CLCD (the Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database) has partnered with OhioNET to bring members free access to CLCD’s complete children’s and YA literature products. Whether it’s QuickFind K-12, STEMExplore, or CLCD Enterprise, these tools are designed to:
- Help connect students with books that match their interests;
- Recommend read-alikes;
- Enhance class lessons and strengthen project-based learning;
- Provide curriculum tools;
- Search for award-winning books by state, country, or award name;
- Support collection development activities;
- Provide over 600,000 professional book reviews from more than 50 review sources;
- Leverage your library’s local collection by utilizing CLCD tools;
- Provide web-based access both on and off-campus.
School & Public Libraries Program
QuickFind K-12’s unique topic-focused platform makes it easy to find reading recommendations for children and teen users based on their interests. Curated with students in mind, QuickFind K-12 contains 375 topics, all easily searchable through 37 ‘super’ topics. The database contains information on over 2 million fiction and non-fiction children’s books and media, enhanced with thousands of reviews, curriculum tools, awards, and more.
STEMExplore is the largest collection of STEM-based fiction and nonfiction titles available today. Ideal for supporting STEM literacy programs and project-based learning, STEMExplore provides access to over 150,000 curriculum resources from authors, publishers, and educators. Improve users’ literacy skills while developing an interest in STEM disciplines!
Academic Libraries Program
CLCD Enterprise is the industry’s largest children’s and YA literature database. Created with professional librarians and educators in mind, CLCD Enterprise is packed with powerful search capabilities, including the industry-first Award Search feature. Acknowledge for its depth and breadth of content, the database contains over 2 million fiction and non-fiction children’s book and media titles. Leverage your local collection by uploading MARC records to the CLCD database via the Local Collection Services (LCS) feature. LCS allows librarians to utilize CLCD Enterprise’s most compelling features to improve readers’ advisory and support important tasks such as literacy initiatives and collection management.
There are no costs or stipulations associated with these offers – simply sign up using the appropriate link below and get free access to these resources now!
- K-12 and Public libraries can register here: https://clcd.com/#/request-access/ohionet/ohionet-qfstem
- Academic libraries can register here: https://clcd.com/#/enterprise-access/ohionet/ohionet-enterprise
Please contact Sarah Probst, OhioNET Electronic Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.