The Licking County Library Board of Trustees is seeking an innovative and dynamic leader. Licking County Library is located in Newark, Ohio, 30 miles east of Columbus. The Library system serves a county-wide population of 121,246 with 70,000 square foot of Main Library, five full-service branch libraries, two 24/7 kiosks, and a mobile services department. Licking County Library’s operating budget for 2020 was $5.2 million / 2021 is $4.9 million; 2019 annual circulation of over 1.3 million items / 2020 over 700,000 items, patron base of 44,102, and 47.93 FTE’s as of 12/31/20. The FTE’s for 2019 was 61.61.
The Board of Trustees will select a candidate with a vision for the future, proven leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong skills in developing community relations and customer service, and the ability to work with a dedicated staff committed to providing excellent service. An MLIS from an ALA accredited institution is preferred, not required. A minimum of five years of professional administrative experience in a public library is preferred, not required.
This position is Full Time, Exempt; 37.5 hours/week. Benefits are available. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. For a complete job description of essential duties, benefits information, or questions about Licking County Library, please contact Tracey Wolfle, HR Manager at email@example.com.
- Graduate degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program is preferred, but not required.
- Five years of professional public library management and administrative experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to deal effectively with Library Board of Trustees, staff, community, local and state government leaders, and other professional colleagues.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to provide own transportation when participating in off-site Library business and activities.
- Must successfully pass a background check, credit check, and pre-employment drug screening.
For a complete Director Job Description of essential duties, benefits information, or questions regarding Licking County Library, please email Tracey Wolfle, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.