Position Summary: Assists in the day-to-day financial, payroll operations of the Business Office. Acts for Fiscal Officer in his/her absence when assigned.
Essential Job Functions: This list is illustrative, but not exhaustive for this position.
Along with the Fiscal Officer the Deputy Fiscal Officer:
- Process bi-weekly payroll using Paycor
- Process payroll reports as necessary for federal and state compliance.
- Balance payroll at month end and year end including all associated reporting
- Process and submit W-2’s and all related year-end reports
- Receive and deposit all library funds daily (Monday through Friday), in authorized depository accounts in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code.
- Process receipts – enter deposit amounts into financial software system
- Process purchase orders
- Process invoices for payment.
- Balance financials at month end and prepare department reports
- Prepare minutes and various reports for the Board and staff.
- Organize records for storage and easy access according to Records Retention Policy
- Process disposal list for Board approval and submit appropriate paperwork to the Historical Society for approval.
- Assist in performing other administrative support related duties as work activities may dictate. Act for the Fiscal Officer in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Preferred knowledge of accounting techniques as applied to a public entity.
- Must have advanced computer experience, proficiency with adding machine, knowledge of administrative policies and laws governing public entity financial practices and procedures, ability to learn accounting and applications and to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to complete reports to meet rigid deadlines is required.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential matters and use appropriate judgment in various situations.
- Excellent communication skills needed to deal effectively with employees, trustees, management, vendors, and others.
- Willingness and adaptability to work in a changing work environment.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Must have a and valid driver’s license, appropriate automobile insurance and transportation to make daily bank deposits or attend library related meetings or workshops as required.
- Must be Bondable.
- Able to use hands and fingers, grasp, handle, and feel or operate objects, tools, or controls – including computers, phones, and office equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift or maneuver at least 10 pounds.
- Able to read computer screens and print material.
If interested provide: Resume, work references and Geauga County Public Library application.
Application available online at: http://divi.geaugalibrary.net/28458-2/career-opportunities/
Apply Online: GCPL.email@example.com
Geauga County Public Library – Administrative Center, 12701 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, OH 44024