SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Manager is responsible for measuring, enhancing, and promoting the image of the library in order to heighten awareness, understanding, and engagement with library services and resources. This will be done through the development, implementation, and execution of strategic marketing plans for the library, and promoting library services and events.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE PUBLIC
· Gathers and evaluates information pertaining to library events and services from sources that include Board, Director, Managers, committees, co-workers, Library Foundation and Friends of the Library.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates a strategic, active marketing program, that includes digital and traditional media, and grassroots or word-of-mouth activities.
· Collaborates with department heads to develop ideas for programs that meet customer and community needs/interests.
· Writes and submits weekly news releases to community and surrounding newspapers, blogs, and other media.
· Writes and edits the library's quarterly newsletter and annual report. Coordinates layout and design with marketing staff.
· Captures library events, services, and moments with photographs and video.
· Serves as library liaison with print-related businesses and media including reporters, bloggers, relevant social media personalities and properties, printers, sign shops, and news offices.
· Provides recommendations regarding placement of signage, exhibits, and displays—both in the building, online, and around Westerville in the most advantageous way.
· Develops content and graphics for brochures, fliers, email, social media, blogs, and advertisements.
· Develops an active marketing program to keep community informed of library programs and services.
· Actively promotes library to community groups, bloggers, associations, and civic organizations.
· Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and promotion techniques.
· English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business-related preferred.
· Three years of public relations and/or agency or related marketing experience.
· Public library or other non-profit marketing experience a plus.
· Ability to interact with public/staff in a consistent, friendly, and courteous manner.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent public relations skills in interacting with library staff, customers, vendors, and community organizations.
· Ability to resolve conflict effectively between staff members and resolve customer complaints.
· Must possess a positive work attitude and have the ability to interact well with others.
· Must be devoted and have a positive record of customer service.
· Must possess the skills to independently plan, analyze, and structure staff assignments to provide efficient and effective library service.
Full-time, exempt manager position.
Reports to the Executive Director.