The Customer Service Leader provides friendly, high quality customer service to library customers under the direction of the Customer Services Manager. The Customer Service Leader ensures a positive customer experience by determining customer needs, analyzing and solving problems, and directing customers to appropriate staff and resources. The Customer Service Leader is responsible for all operations of the Customer Services Department in the absence of the Customer Services Manager.
· Provides excellent service to Customers of all ages and backgrounds, practices positive public relations and performs duties in a friendly and courteous manner
· Oversees customer services desk operations: directs staff and workflow if and when the Customer Services Manager is unavailable
· Assists customers with Library card accounts in person, over the phone, by e-mail, instant message, etc.; including processing account applications, verifying account information, informing customers of and enforcing account rules and regulations, accepting payment on accounts and ensuring accuracy of the account
· Resolve customer account disputes by interviewing customer, analyzing account information, communicating about the situation and negotiating with customer
· Responsible for ensuring the customer services desk is properly staffed whenever the library is open
· Work at the customer services desk, including checking in and checking out items, empty book returns and other typical duties
· Process customer’s fee payments and payments for FOPPL Merchandise
· Assist in voter registrations
· Maintains Library collection by identifying and solving problems with library materials, performing cleaning of library materials, shelf reading, shelving materials, facing and conditioning shelves, pulling materials in poor condition from shelves, maintaining customer reserve shelves, processing various reports which involve searching for library materials (i.e. Pull List)
· Answer and respond to telephone calls
· Perform opening and closing duties
· Reports unusual problems with the staff, customers, materials or equipment to the Manager
· Participate in staff meetings and volunteer to serve on or lead committees and library projects when appropriate
· Seek out and participate in continuing education opportunities in order to keep skills current and broaden knowledge
· Manages money, including balancing and reconciling cash drawers, checking receipts and records from various money collection machines, preparing deposits, completing reports, etc.
· Assists customers with OPAC terminals and searches by title/author
· Assists Customer Services Manager in creating the Customer Services Department’s monthly schedules
· Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
· Checks e-mail and staff information board regularly
· Assists in public service areas as needed; Answering basic directional questions in person and over the phone, locating and retrieving materials for customers, assisting customers with self-service public technology and support the code of conduct
· Performs duties of the Customers Services Associate and the Customer Services Assistant as needed
· Acts as Person-In-Charge (PIC) when needed
· Performs additional duties as assigned including working at community events and in house library programming
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Three to five years’ customer service
· Excellent communication skills
· Skill in Microsoft Office applications
· Skill in ILS automation environment, or ability to develop that skill
· Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance
· Demonstrated commitment to serving library customers and residents of the community
· Must have a valid Driver’s License, maintain insurability under the library’s insurance and successfully pass a background check
Physical requirements include ability to stand, sit, bend, push and carry library materials over an extended period of time. The employee must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and push a 50-pound cart.
Cover letters and resumes can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicable background checks will be performed.