Provides first-level learning commons service support for students to bridge classroom learning by assisting with the location of learning materials, resources and equipment. Provides students, faculty, staff and community patron’s support by fulfilling circulation desk functions. Assists students, faculty and community patrons with software and hardware support in the commons, classrooms and labs. Responds to requests for general information with a commitment to customer satisfaction, quality and accuracy. Effectively provides appropriate referrals to other service areas. Performs related service functions that support department operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists students, faculty, staff and community patrons with circulation of library materials and collection maintenance (reserves, periodicals and reference materials) including but not limited to pulling books, processing checkouts and searching online catalog.
- Provides high-quality customer service and software support for students, faculty, staff and community patrons
- Monitors patron logon and lab workflow
- Performs initial technology troubleshooting and reporting (commons, labs and classrooms)
- Assists with departmental educational workshops and training for staff, faculty and students
- Maintains accurate and complete records for use by department administration
- Enters, updates and deletes items into multiple databases
- Full-time staff may functionally supervise part-time employees
- Performs other related duties within the job grade and job classification as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years of experience in a library, computer lab or customer service setting
- Basic level keyboarding, grammar, math, Microsoft Office
- Proficient written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks/responsibilities and the ability to prioritize work
- Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate’s Degree
- Experience working with library functions and circulation systems.
- Experience working with PC/Macintosh hardware and software.
- Experience working within a “learning commons” environment that enables student success by closely partnering with faculty and across student learning services such as library, tutoring, testing, computing and media
Work is performed in a setting with moderate noise level. The work schedule is standard college business days/times. Must be able to regularly kneel, crouch, stand, lift above head, climb ladders and lift or push items up to 25 pounds. Must be able to occasionally lift or push items up to 40 pounds such as special event equipment and library bookcases.
Special Note:This is a Part-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit Position, Grade 05. Part time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary: Minimum salary $16.10/hr
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.