· Maintains an awareness of developments in the library services by reading professional literature, attending conferences, workshops, and other training sessions and incorporates the new developments into the Library’s services
· Manage electronic resources and Library website
· Selects and maintains the Library collection based on varied criteria and methods of evaluation under the direction of the Library Director
· Develops and conducts in-service education for employees
· Researches and coordinates adult programs for the library system
· Coordinate programming schedule with the Administrative Assistant to submit to the Library
Director for approval
· Compile and maintains monthly statistics for programming and services
· Participates in service programs, publicity, public relations and staff development activities
· Maintains knowledge of the job duties of the Branch Manager, and Library Assistants to supervise their work as needed
· Proficiently perform all job duties of Library Assistants as scheduled or needed
· Answers Library users' reference questions, in person and on the telephone, using materials in a variety of formats (such as books, periodicals, newspapers, microfilm, indices or electronic media)
· Provides reader's advisory services for Library users
· Follow and assist in the enforcement of the policies of the Library; interpreting Library policies and procedures for Library users in a customer-responsive manner
Other duties as assigned by the Library Director
Master’s degree in Library Science, or Library and Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from a graduate program accredited by the American Library Association. A combination of relevant education and experience may be accepted.
Supervises the work of the library staff regarding the public experience of the library system and reference and readers advisory services.
Works under the general direction of the Library Director providing library services including: reference assistance, reader’s advisory, programming, and collection development; maintains the online presence of the library system; and assists in supervising the daily operation of the Library.
To apply please provide a cover letter, resume, and documentation of education via US mail or email. Applications received prior to March 31, 2020 will be given first consideration.
Belmont County District Library
20 James Wright Place OR email@example.com
Martins Ferry, OH 43935