Under the supervision of the Outreach Services Coordinator, the Outreach Librarian is responsible for providing and promoting library resources and services to persons of all ages, taking a lead role in a variety of duties including recommending and implementing new and innovative services and resources, leading collection development and planning and implementing general and specialized programming for all Outreach Services, primarily focusing on the Lobby Stop and Books by Mail programs and the library’s Bookmobile.
* Consistently provide superior customer service.
* Exhibit professional, courteous and approachable demeanor at all times.
* Drive the Outreach vehicle to specific locations on a predetermined schedule.
* Perform Circulation duties including (but not limited to): check in and check out of materials, resolving customer account issues, taking payments for charges, issuing new and replacement library cards.
* Locate and process materials to fulfill customer requests.
* Select titles for customers based on stated preferences and knowledge of the location or customers being served.
* Communicate with agencies and organizations served by the Lobby Stop program and deliver materials on a rotating basis to community agencies and organizations.
* Maintain the collections at various community bookshelves, the Library vending unit, and the Little Free Libraries.
- MLS or MLIS from ALA-accredited university is required. Consideration will be given to candidates actively enrolled in the MLS/MLIS program with proof of current enrollment.
- Experience working in public library setting is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office, GSuite, internet and email.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have advanced facility with a variety of social media and digital formats along with devices used by customers, like IPad, tablets, eReaders, smart phones and the like
- Experience working with a wide variety of professional reference, research, and reader’s advisory tools, publications, and resources.
- Knowledge of current trends in public library resources, services, and programming.
- Physical requirements: Engage in extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting/turning and stretching to shelve materials throughout the library on shelves of varying heights from above shoulders to below knees. Engage in intermittent periods of climbing stairs, typing and viewing computer monitors, lifting and carrying equipment and materials occasionally weighing 40 – 60 pounds and pushing loaded book trucks weighing 75 - 100 pounds or more on tile or carpet. Must be able to use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and manipulate materials and operate tools and controls, including computers, phones and office equipment. Occasionally required to get on hands and knees to look for materials that have fallen under the shelves or stand on step stool 14 ½ inches high to reach upper shelves. May need to sweep or vacuum after programs or shovel snow, as needed. Must be able to drive the Outreach vehicles.
- Valid vehicle operator’s license is required, with acceptable driving record and current vehicle insurance. Ohio Driver’s License required within 90 days of date of hire.
- Must be able to drive in all weather conditions.
See full job description on our website https://www.mrcpl.org/jobs
Please send letter of interest and current resume with completed application form.
43 W Third Street
Mansfield OH 44902