Virtual Workshop Reminders:
- Attendees should plan to attend in real-time whenever possible.
- Only virtual workshop registrants will have access to view recordings — links to these events will not be available in the Training Archive.
- Virtual Workshops are live, interactive events featuring group discussions and breakout sessions.
- Attendees should be prepared to complete brief readings and assignments between (or before) workshop meetings. Many Virtual Workshops are project-focused — read the Notes section below for additional details or requirements.
Virtual Workshop Series Description:
Libraries do so many great things for the communities we serve, and we have the data to back it up! At the end of the year, what do you do with all of that great information? Do you tell your stakeholders all of the amazing things your library has done? An annual report allows you to close the loop on assessment, tell your community members (and your administration) what your library has accomplished, and demonstrate the value of the work you do.
Creating an engaging annual report can be a daunting task. What should you include? What can you leave out? How do you find the data you need? It’s hard to know where to start. In this virtual workshop, participants will learn how to take an annual report from creation to completion.
Through hands-on activities and group work, participants will learn how to connect their library's accomplishments to their organization's larger goals. In this workshop series, we'll examine annual reports from different library types to determine what works and what doesn't, learn how to find and use data wisely, and pay special attention to digital accessibility and tools for creating an annual report.
Attendees of this workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the basic elements of an annual report and identify their target audience (stakeholders)
- Walk through the steps of creating an annual report that demonstrates impact on their organization or community's larger goals
- Discuss how to collect and use data as evidence of your library's accomplishments
- Examine various report styles from different library types
- Explore tools for creating their annual reports
- Discuss key issues, such as digital accessibility
- Identify ways to disseminate the annual report to a larger audience.
Attendees should have a copy of their organization's mission, vision, and/or strategic plan.
Meeting Dates and Times:
March 31, 2021, 1-3 p.m. - Introduction to Annual Reports (Part 1)
April 7, 2021, 1-3 p.m. - Gathering Data for Annual Reports (Part 2)
April 21, 2021, 1-3 p.m. - Designing Accessible Annual Reports (Part 3)
April 28, 2021, 1-3 p.m. - Making the Most of Your Annual Reports (Part 4)
OhioNET members can register at no cost using the button above.
Not an OhioNET member? Use this link to register and make payment:
|OhioNET Members||$ 0.00|