This session will focus on the skills and knowledge necessary to understand and assess existing subject headings in MARC format. This course is aimed at those individuals primarily practicing copy cataloging. Through this session, attendees will have the opportunity to...
- gain an overview of the variety of subject heading systems
- understand the rules for how LoC subject headings are assigned to a record
- recognize the variety of RDA-related changes in subject authority records
- explore MARC21 for subject headings in bib records and LCSH authority records
- assess the quality of existing records
- discuss cataloger's judgement and bias
|OhioNET members||$ 65.00|