Introduction and Basic Description is the first course in our Fundamentals of Cataloging training track. This workshop begins the track by covering some basic cataloging concepts and processes, followed by a demonstration and discussion of how to describe and catalog our most numerous resource--books. Our hands-on, in-person workshop will be taught from an RDA-friendly perspective. In this session, attendees will
- understand the distinction between descriptive and subject cataloging
- get to know the variety of tools available to help support his/her cataloging
- identify RDA and hybrid records in MARC format
- practice a sample workflow for cataloging monograph (book) sources
- Attendees will have an hour-long break for lunch on their own.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their own laptop or tablet.
|OhioNET members||$ 65.00|