This online series covers the same information included in our in-person workshop of the same name, introducing attendees to the key skills and workflows needed to create original records in MARC21 format.
This series is designed for individuals who have prior training or experience with copy cataloging practices.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to have access to their preferred cataloging software during these webinars.
The first session in our new Fundamentals of Cataloging series will provide an overview of the skills and knowledge needed to create MARC records from scratch. Attendees will explore the vocabulary of original cataloging, the levels and types of cataloging possible, and the basic reference sites that can support their individual cataloging needs. Attendees to this session will have the opportunity to...
- Learn how to efficiently assess the quality of records
- Understand the benefits of different levels of cataloging--core, full, and enhanced
- Discover key reference sites.
- Individuals are encouraged to have access to their cataloging software while taking this course, if possible.
- Individuals are encouraged to have access to materials they are working to catalog and have questions about.
OhioNET members can register at no cost using the button above.
Not an OhioNET member? Use this link to register and make payment: https://ohn-intro-to-original-cataloging-session-1.eventbrite.com
|OhioNET members||$ 0.00|