Shout it from the Rooftop: Create Engaging Annual Reports
Libraries do so many great things for the communities we serve, and we have the data to back it up! At the end of the year, what do you do with all of that great information? Do you tell your stakeholders all of the amazing things your library has done? An annual report allows you to close the loop on assessment, tell your community members (and your administration) what your library has accomplished, and demonstrate the value of the work you do. Creating an engaging annual report can be a daunting task. What should you include? What can you leave out? How do you find the data you need? It’s hard to know where to start. In this series, participants will learn how to take an annual report from creation to completion. Through hands-on activities and group work, participants will learn how to connect their library's accomplishments to their organization's larger goals. We'll examine annual reports from different library types for ideas and determine what works and what doesn't. We'll learn how to find and use data wisely. We'll pay special attention to digital accessibility and tools for creating your annual report.
Attendees to this session will have the opportunity to
- Explore the basic elements of an annual report and identify the target audience (stakeholders)
- Walk through the steps of creating an annual report that demonstrates impact on their organization or community's larger goals
- Discuss how to collect and use data as evidence of your library's accomplishments
- Examine various report styles from different library types
- Explore tools for creating their annual reports
- Discuss key issues, such as digital accessibility
- Identify ways to disseminate the annual report to a larger audience.
Notes: Attendees should have a copy of their organization's mission, vision, and/or strategic plan.
Session 1 Description:
Annual reports come in a huge variety of formats and should be tailored to meet the needs of the stakeholders in your community of service. In this introductory webinar, attendees will review the components of a report and explore the questions you should ask before you begin collecting data, creating graphics, or drafting language.
OhioNET members can register at no cost using the button above.
Not an OhioNET member? Use this link to register and make payment: https://ohn-annual-reports-session-1.eventbrite.com
|OhioNET members||$ 0.00|