Classroom Video on Demand: Career & Technical Education
A multipurpose tool for vocational and technical high schools, the Career & Technical Education Collection is a powerful resource for students learning a trade and preparing for the world of employment. The video lessons on technical trades and STEM disciplines are ideal supplements for teachers dealing with heavy class loads, and the wealth of titles on navigating the job search and application process will prepare students for ultimate success. This collection features seamless integration with Google Apps for Education (GAFE).
- Automotive Technology – instructional and overview videos on automotive theory, diagnosis and repair, safety, and career and industry content.
- Building and Technical Trades – a range of titles spanning construction, woodworking, electrical wiring, HVAC/R, welding, plumbing, and more.
- Engineering Technology – titles covering applied engineering in manufacturing, electronics, civil engineering, and more. Information Technology – instructional and documentary titles on computing, networking, programming and web design, data management, and security.
- Technical Communication – titles on creating graphics and design, photography, video, and other digital media.
- Career Development – titles on job search and application skills, programs exploring professions across the career clusters, and videos on the skills necessary for success in any job.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For off-site viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.