1-2-3 Read Site Coordinator
About this Job
Under moderate supervision, oversees the operations of the grade level reading site, including supervising tutors and volunteers and working directly with students on literacy/reading activities. Prepares analyses and reports on site usage. Provides onsite feedback to assist the system in researching and implementing new services.
The position is part-time and operates seasonally from September through May, with work breaks that coincide with school calendars. Time commitment is 6-12 hours per week, 3-4 hours daily,2-4 days a week Monday through Thursday (hours may vary during start-up and take-down of the grade level reading site). In cooperation and consultation with the Youth Education Coordinator, facilitates and assures the smooth operation of the 1-2-3 Read site. Position may be extended to cover summer or alternate programming on a case-by-case basis.
- Complies with Cuyahoga County Public Library's policies, rules, guidelines, procedures, requirements, standards and practices applicable to the job including (but not limited to) work scheduling and attendance, customer service, use of Library property, computer use, personal conduct and confidentiality.
- In cooperation with Library Staff, trains 1-2-3 Read volunteers.
- Maintains student registration and usage statistics.
- Supplies Library management with monthly and annual reports on site highlights, statistics, research study and concerns.
- Orders supplies for grade level reading site as needed.
- Serves as liaison between grade level reading site, branch and the Literacy and Learning Division.
- Provides snacks to participants, in partnership with the Cleveland Foodbank.
- May provide daily supervision for America Reads Tutors; may verify and send time records to America Reads Coordinators.
- Bachelor degree required.
- At least one year of direct experience working with children Grades K-3 in an educational setting.
Teacher certification strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Aug 24, 2021 / This posting expires: Nov 30, 2021