Account Clerk I
About this Job
Under the general supervision of the Fiscal Officer, the Account Clerk I performs accounts payable duties according to established governmental accounting practices. Performs a variety of accounting and clerical tasks in support of the administrative operations of the library.
• Knowledge of accounts payable/receivable functions according to Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Working knowledge of office methods, including Microsoft Word and Excel
software applications and keypad calculator operations. Experience with CMI
Finance Software desired
• Ability to effectively work with co-workers, supervisors and the public, organize
prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks
• Maintain confidentiality and attention to detail in busy work environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possession of a valid Ohio Driver’s license or ability to obtain one
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions and/or for the interview process.
• Employment offer conditioned upon the applicant passing criminal background
and reference checks
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting and/or college-level course study in governmental accounting
• Accounting experience equivalent to the posted requirements of the position
• Library or governmental accounting experience highly desired
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience at the
discretion of the Director and/or the Board of Trustees
Clark County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
APPLICATION PACKET: Incomplete/illegible Applicant Packets may be disqualified
1. Completed CCPL Employment Application – Available at library locations or two formats available online at: CCPL Employment Application.
2. Cover Letter
4. Three (3) professional references
SUBMIT REQUIRED ITEMS: by mail or in a sealed envelope to any CCPL location, addressed to:
William Martino, Director’s Office, Clark County Public Library, PO Box 1080, Springfield OH, 45501-1080
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $17.16 per hour.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System membership; two (2) wks. vacation, 11 holidays, and sick leave according to CCPL Personnel manual guidelines. Ohio Deferred Compensation (457) Plan membership available. Direct Deposit to a financial institution required, pursuant to O.R.C. 125.151(B).
Posted On: Jan 17, 2023 / This posting expires: Apr 18, 2023