Acquisitions and Circulation Assistant
About this Job
Wittenberg University is inviting applications for the position of Acquisitions & Circulation Assistant in the Thomas Library. This individual will be responsible for the acquisitions of all library materials, order preparation and receipt procedures, assistance with collection development and special projects, and customer service within the Circulation department. This is a full-time, non-exempt, 12-month position, working 40 hours per week.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist faculty and staff in collection development with their acquisitions requests by maintaining files, distributing CHOICE cards and creating reports. Receive requests for library materials; sort requests by type of format for bibliographic verification.
- Perform complex verification utilizing Books in Print, GOBI, OCLC and other bibliographic utilities. Confirm author, title, publisher, edition, publications date, prices, ISBN, and availability. Check for duplication.
- Perform order preparation routines and maintain order integrity (revise, cancel, update, monitor fund, etc.). Enter and code data in Innopac and send orders to vendors.
- Create purchase order requisitions as needed.
- Perform receipt procedures by unpacking, checking, reconciling invoices, returning, updating, photocopying, and forwarding invoices for processing and payment.
- Post invoices using the Acquisitions module of Innopac. Perform bookkeeping for all library acquisitions, including data entry into a database/spreadsheet.
- Supervise, train and schedule library student assistant in acquisitions routines such as bibliographic verification, order preparation, filing, receiving, etc.
- Maintain inventory and check current stock of office and other supplies for the library. Order additional supplies as required according to departmental procedures.
- Maintain and submit to OPAL library hours and days closed; update library's website calendar.
- Provide general Circulation services when needed.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- An associate's degree is required; a bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software, specifically proficient in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using an integrated library system (i.e. Sierra, preferably) preferred.
- Accounting experience is a plus.
- Occasional evening and weekend work.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please set-up an account in our online recruiting system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.
Posted On: Aug 5, 2021 / This posting expires: Sep 20, 2021