Acquisitions and Collection Management Librarian – Assistant Professor
Organization:The University of Toledo Libraries
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited school or earned doctorate in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- Experience with collection management.
- Experience in several of the following areas: budgeting, finance, licensing, and procurement operations.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diversity and the importance of inclusion as shown by a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
- Demonstrated potential to meet university and library criteria for tenure and promotion, including scholarly presentations and/or publications and service.
- 3–5 years of experience in academic research libraries.
- Knowledge of scholarly communication and the research enterprise.
- Supervisory and managerial experience.
- Experience working in a consortia environment.
- Working knowledge of Innovative Interfaces’ Sierra ILS, OCLC, and related systems.
To view the full job ad please see: https://utoledo.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/2444?c=utoledo
For the full position description please see: https://www.utoledo.edu/library/info/jobs/AcquisitionsCollectionLibrarian.pdf
This is a twelve-month tenure-track faculty position based in The University of Toledo Libraries collection services division. This position will be responsible for collection management of physical and electronic monograph formats for The University Libraries, coordinating the acquisition, assessment, selection, and maintenance of resources in all subject areas and for all library collections. Core duties will also include the management of general collection funds and endowments and the maintenance of the physical collection. This position will work closely within The University Libraries and with other campus units to develop, coordinate, and maintain collections and coordinate collections budgets for The University Libraries. This position is also responsible for liaison activities with one or more academic departments. These activities include outreach, research consultation, and collection development. In addition, this position has scholarship and service responsibilities required for fulfilling tenure standards of The University Libraries. These responsibilities include publications, presentations, and various levels of professional service.