Acquisitions Coordinator (Technical Services/Full-time)
Organization:Upper Arlington Public Library
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general Library, Technical Services and Acquisitions practices and procedures preferred.
- Some course work in library science preferred.
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs required.
- Competent in the use of Windows-based computer programs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years of experience in automated cataloging, acquisitions, purchasing, and budget management preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform typing skills.
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, lifting weights up to 35 pounds, and pushing full book carts.
- Periodic intense concentration and sustained viewing of a computer monitor.
- Ability to work in a large, open environment while maintaining concentration.
The Upper Arlington Public Library is seeking a detail-oriented person who can manage the acquisitions operation in our Technical Services Department. Our ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and strong communication and organization skills. You will interact with library staff and vendors and will perform a variety of administrative and fiscal tasks related to purchasing library materials. You will also spend some of your time copy cataloging as needed. Our preferred candidate will have prior acquisitions and cataloging experience.
Manages the acquisitions operation for the library. Coordinates the purchase of library materials and maintains all associated recordkeeping. Serves as primary liaison for vendors and selectors. Performs copy cataloging as needed.
- Coordinates purchase orders, packing lists, invoices, estimates and credit memos for orders.
- Consults with vendors to obtain competitive pricing and discounts.
- Completes monthly statement reconciliation process for primary vendors.
- Packages and returns defective items to vendors.
- Resolves ordering issues and errors.
- Meets with vendors as needed.
- Creates monthly spending report and alerts material selectors when adjustments are needed.
- Notifies materials selectors of products, programs, requirements and changes in the ordering process.
- Maintains reports and databases on various purchase orders, standing orders and price tracking.
- Serves as site administrator for materials purchasing systems.
- Receives, unpacks and sorts incoming shipments of library materials.
- Assists with copy cataloging duties.
- Provides coverage in public service areas as needed.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of workflow to streamline processes with a goal to improve speed and efficiency.
- Follows library safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues to supervisor and/or Facilities personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit our website at www.ualibrary.org