About this Job
Serves as Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director and provides administrative and clerical support for other Administration Department Managers.
• Coordinates all Board of Trustees and Board committee meetings including booking meeting rooms, typing agendas as needed, and Board packet preparation and distribution.
• Attends all Board of Trustees meetings and records minutes.
• Collects and compiles statistics and prepares monthly reports.
• Prepares and communicates the weekly Librarian-in-Charge schedule and coordinates backups from the schedule as needed.
• Welcomes and assists Administration area visitors in a friendly and professional manner.
• Creates and distributes material for display on the meeting room information signs around the library.
• Orders, distributes, and maintains office supplies. Coordinates with other departments on supply needs and looks for efficiencies in supplies spending.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
• Effectively streamlines office tasks and maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems for the Administrative department.
• Assist Accounting Department as needed:
o Balances and deposits monies collected from the coin operated machines and debit card system.
o Runs errands as required, e.g., daily bank deposits.
o Posts, reconciles and verifies monthly billings, purchase orders, daily receipts, expenditures and invoices.
o Trained as backup for specific required bookkeeping and payroll duties (processes payroll, calculates deductions and prepares payroll vouchers).
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all personnel records and administrative issues.
• Answers Administrative Department phone calls and distributes as necessary; takes messages and routes calls.
• Keeps Executive Director informed of administrative issues that affect the operation of the library.
• Prepares, edits and mails bulk mail projects as needed (i.e. new customer welcome cards, candidate response letters, etc.).
• Assists the Executive Director and other Administration Department managers with administrative support including filing, scheduling, and data gathering as needed.
• Interacts with fellow employees, customers and visitors in a consistent, pleasant and professional manner.
• Provides backup and/or lunch coverage support for other areas of the library as needed including Customer Services and the Westerville History Museum.
starting at $21.00/hr
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative support role.
• Knowledge of practical accounting methods.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent spelling and proofreading skills and the ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Expert proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced spreadsheet (Excel) skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• The ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Customer service orientation, responsive to both public and internal customers in a friendly and professional manner.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to secure adequate bonding.
• A positive attitude and a willingness to accept change.
• While performing duties of job, employee typically handles office equipment, objects or controls and frequently communicates with others. Work requires moderate physical exertion, including bending, kneeling, stooping and standing; some lifting and moving of heavy objects (up to 30 lbs).
• The majority of the work is performed in an office setting. Although mostly daytime work some evening work is required for Board of Trustee meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• One to two years of experience in bookkeeping preferred.
The Westerville Public Library is committed to recruiting a diverse staff and believes that diversity leads to innovation in programming, collections, policy, and service. We recognize that everyone inhabits multiple and intersecting identities and encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work. We are committed to a truly inclusive workplace and recognize that this requires strategic and deliberate challenges to white supremacy, systemic inequity, structural racism, and individual bias.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Include additional information about how to apply, benefits, etc.
Posted On: Jan 28, 2022 / This posting expires: Feb 11, 2022