ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OHIO LIBRARY FOR THE BLIND AND PHYSICALLY DISABLED
Organization:Cleveland Public Library
High school diploma or GED.
3-5 years verifiable paid clerical/secretarial experience.
2 years’ experience reading, transcribing and editing braille correspondence.
2 years’ experience supporting persons with disabilities preferred.
1. Read, transcribe and edit braille correspondence.
2. Familiarity with Revised Standards and Guidelines of Service for National Library Service network libraries ( preferred).
3. Read, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented in writing.
4. Use mathematics to solve problems.
5. Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, preparing meeting minutes, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
6. General principles and objectives of information technology systems and programs.
7. Proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are complete, succinct, and free of errors.
8. Experience in public library or public-sector is (preferred).
9. Ability to interact with service animals.
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform routine and complex administrative duties related to confidential and sensitive communications and materials.
2. Act as office receptionist; answering telephones, responding to all levels of staff, volunteers, and the public providing information and assistance.
3. Use word-processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software in the course of assigned duties.
4. Read, transcribe and edit braille correspondence, including writing braille with a slate or Perkins Brailler, and use correct braille translating software and devices.
5. Prepare and produce audio and braille library materials.
6. Prepare and produce print-braille graphics and correspondence.
7. Coordinate activities related to community meetings, events, workshops, trainings.
8. Gather information, compile reports, maintain office records/forms and filing system.
9. Prepare a variety of material such as interoffice communications, correspondence, forms, statistics, and reports.
10. In collaboration with management, participate in collection development and maintenance.
11. Order materials, supplies and equipment upon approval; maintain records of purchase orders; invoices for budgeting process.
12. Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials.
13. Operate standard office equipment including a computer, calculator, fax machine, copier, printer and other related equipment.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please apply at www.cpl.org on the employment tab and include an attached current/updated resume and fill out the application entirely.