Adult Public Services Assistant
About this Job
• Provides direct library service such as reference, reader’s guidance and outreach, as assigned.
• Designs, promotes, executes and evaluates programs suited to the needs and interest of one or more age groups in consultation with supervisor.
• May be responsible for maintaining a viable collection of materials in a specific area, in all formats, to create a diverse, current and relevant collection, as assigned.
• Maintains and updates the collection through a systematic weeding process, as assigned.
• Processes new or withdrawn materials.
• May publicize library materials and services through brochures, news releases and displays.
• Assists in library cooperative relations with community organizations, institutions and government, as required.
• Maintains awareness of developments in the fields of library service, through reading of professional books and journals, participation in in-service training.
• Keeps supervisor informed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• General analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Broad reading background, particularly in the area of specialty, sufficient to guide public in choice of reading material.
• Strong technology skills including personal computers, eReaders, copy machines, software etc.
• Ability to work well with the public, either one-to-one as in reference work or in a group setting.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
• Superior customer service skills and ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and professionalism.
• Master’s in Library Science preferred.
• Graduate of a four-year college
• Experience working in a public library preferred.
Master’s in Library Science
The Wickliffe Public Library serves all people, addresses informational needs, and provides opportunities for lifelong learning.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Submit cover letter, resume, and application to Monica Gregory, Adult Public Services Manager, Wickliffe Public Library, 1713 Lincoln Road, Wickliffe OH 44092 or email [email protected]
Posted On: Feb 11, 2022 / This posting expires: Apr 5, 2022