Adult Services Assistant (part-time)
About this Job
The Hudson Library and Historical Society, a 5-Star Library, is looking for two energetic, creative, customer service-oriented paraprofessionals to join our Adult Services Team. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and experience with online media, services and software, and a strong commitment to customer service.
• Provide Reference Assistance – Answer patron questions, readers’ advisory, catalog and computer use, downloadable eMedia and mobile device usage, database instruction and local history and genealogy support.
• Create innovative, educational and entertainment-based programs.
• Promote library activities and services through social media tools, troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device and software issues.
These two part-time (24 hours/week) openings include regular evening and weekend hours. The hourly rate is $16.25.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Previous library experience preferred.
• Proficient with emerging technologies and their application in library setting.
• Skilled in assisting customers with a wide variety of hardware and software products.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
Polly Reynolds, Head of Adult Services & Archives
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236
No phone calls please.
For a complete job description, please visit www.hudsonlibrary.org/employment-opportunities.
Posted On: Aug 11, 2023 / This posting expires: Nov 10, 2023