Adult Services Librarian
About this Job
The Girard Free Library is a small but nimble library in northeast Ohio. Because of our diminutive size our staff wear multiples hats (and an occasional costume). If you embrace technology, work collaboratively, enjoy flexing creative muscle, and are willing to learn new skills and share new ideas this may be the place for you. The adult services librarian will assist library patrons with the location and use of library materials and resources—print, electronic and digital—for informational and recreational purposes.
• Answer reference and directional questions in person, by telephone, and online in a courteous and professional manner
• Provide reader’s advisory service in person, by telephone, and online
• Keeps library collections current and relevant by selecting, organizing, displaying and weeding material.
• Assist patrons with usage of public computers
• Assist patrons with basic technology inquiries
• Participate in library programming and outreach as needed
• Engage in continuing education as needed
• Perform opening and closing procedures as needed
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an A. L. A. accredited institution
• Previous experience working in a library setting
• Knowledge of books and authors, movies and music, as well as current library principles, methods and practices.
• Familiarity with social networking tools, Windows, Microsoft Office, and any other application used by the library
• Experience using technological devices including tablets, e-readers, and smartphones
• Proficiency in use of digital services
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Willingness to learn new skills
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Tuesday, May 24.
Posted On: Apr 30, 2022 / This posting expires: May 25, 2022