Adult Services Librarian
About this Job
The Hudson Library & Historical Society, a 5-Star Library, is seeking an energetic, creative, customer service-oriented professional to join the Adult Services team. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience with online media, services and software, and a strong commitment to customer service.
• Collection Development – Assist in selection and weeding of library resources.
• Marketing – Promote library activities and services through social media tools, e-mail newsletters, the library’s website, as well as brochures and other print media.
• Programming - Develop, promote, and execute innovative educational, cultural, and technology-based programs both virtually and in-person.
• Reference Assistance – Answer customer questions; assist with readers’ advisory, catalog and computer use, downloadable eMedia and mobile device use, databases, and local history and genealogy.
• Technology – Conduct technology training, provide technology support, troubleshoot printers, computers, mobile devices and software issues, update and help maintain the library’s Adult Services web pages.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
This is a full-time (38 hrs/week) position with full benefits with a starting salary of $39,240.
Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science accredited by the American Library Association.
• Must be knowledgeable about emerging technologies and their application in a library setting.
• Skilled in assisting customers with a wide variety of hardware and software (in both MAC and PC environments) including MS Office products; the ability to effectively troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device, and software issues.
• Knowledgeable about mobile devices such as tablets and Apple products, digital imaging, and audio/visual equipment.
• Experience with social media, email and marketing communications in a library setting preferred.
• Familiar with live streaming using platforms such as Zoom, YouTube and Facebook. Knowledgeable about best practices related to audio/video production, and podcasting a plus
• Experience with updating web pages preferred (knowledge of HTML/CSS and WordPress a plus).
• Possess strong customer service skills, and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Previous library experience preferred.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: Polly Reynolds, Head of Adult Services & Archives [email protected] No phone calls please.
Please visit www.hudsonlibrary.org/about/employment-opportunities to see a full job description.
Posted On: Apr 26, 2023 / This posting expires: Jul 25, 2023