Adult Services Specialist (2 open positions)
Organization:Washington-Centerville Public Library
Required Skills & Knowledge
- MLIS or related Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited program. **Applicants who are in the process of completing their MLIS with minimum of 9 credit hours will be considered**
- Minimum of two years professional library experience.
- Strong customer service orientation with two years of experience serving the public.
- Superior working knowledge of traditional and electronic resources including Web sites and databases; excellent online searching skills.
- Experience with desktop publishing, web and MS Office software.
- Presentation experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative with demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment, creative, with a good sense of humor.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, and productive with excellent time management skills.
- Previous programming, training, and/or technology instruction experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting wage is $17.12/hour with MLIS or $14.88/hour if currently enrolled in MLIS program
- Excellent benefits package including pick-up of employee’s portion of OPERS contribution
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding, pleasant, professional customer service to our patrons.
- Provide reference assistance to patrons, including research assistance, in depth searching, digital collection troubleshooting, and specialized reader's advisory service to adults, children, teachers and special groups.
- Select materials in assigned areas, maintaining the collection, including evaluation, reporting, weeding, filling of subject gaps, and comprehensive planned upgrades of collection.
- Actively publicize and promote library materials, services and programs to public and staff.
- Design and deliver programs and training on variety of topics for audiences of all ages within the library, the community, and at organizations inside the library’s service area with emphasis on business and job seekers.
- Provide assistance with computer stations and other equipment, with an interest in maker resources.
- Perform other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and WCPL application to:
Human Resources – ASLIB1118OHNET, Washington-Centerville Public Library, 111 West Spring Valley Road, Centerville, Ohio, 45458 or email to HumanResources@wcpl.lib.oh.us.
- WCPL Application can be found at www.wclibrary.info under Employment
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the candidate successfully completing a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) fingerprint check