Adult Services Team Leader
Organization:Washington-Centerville Public Library
- MLIS or related Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited program or related experience.
- Minimum of five years of professional library reference experience.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience with knowledge of motivation and mentoring techniques.
- Minimum of two years of programming and project management experience.
- Strong service orientation with four years of recent work experience serving the public.
- Superior working knowledge of traditional and electronic resources including Web sites and databases; excellent online searching skills.
- Experience with desktop publishing, web, and MS Office skills.
- Minimum of two years of collection development and training experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including advanced presentation skills.
- Collaborative and creative, with a win-win disposition and a sense of humor.
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to detail with excellent time management skills.
The Washington-Centerville Public Library, a busy mid-sized suburban library serving a population of approximately 56,000 citizens in the communities of Centerville and Washington Township, is seeking an Adult Services Team Leader to help us fulfill our Mission and Values and demonstrate our Customer Service Philosophy
Excellent benefits package which inlcudes pick-up of employee's contribution to OPERS.
- Provide reference assistance to patrons, including research assistance, in depth searching, database utilization and specialized reader's advisory service.
- Design, present and evaluate programs, presentations and library and information services education to community groups and library staff.
- Develop, maintain and communicate departmental policy and procedure and train staff in effective implementation of those policies.
- Participate in and oversee collection development and maintenance functions.
- Plan, create and promote library materials, services and programs to public and staff.
- Oversee and provide orientation and training to new staff members.
- Train, educate and mentor staff to work effectively with patrons.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate work performance of assigned staff.
- Provide developmental and corrective feedback as required.
- Conduct interviews, reference checks and recommend candidates for open positions.
- Plan and coordinate assigned projects.
- Provide leadership to department in development and completion of activities to support Strategic Plan.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and WCPL application to:
Human Resources – ASTL1219WP, Washington-Centerville Public Library, 111 West Spring Valley Road, Centerville, Ohio, 45458 or email to HumanResources@wcpl.lib.oh.us.
· WCPL Application can be found at www.wclibrary.info under Employment