Adult Services/Emerging Technologies Librarian
Organization:Hudson Library & Historical Society
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science accredited by the American Library Association.
- Must be knowledgeable about emerging technologies and their application in a library setting.
- Skilled in assisting customers with a wide variety of hardware and software (in both MAC and PC environments) including MS Office products; the ability to effectively troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device, and software issues.
- Experience with updating web pages preferred (knowledge of HTML/CSS and WordPress a plus).
- Experience and background in communications and/or graphic art and design with knowledge of associated software a plus.
- Possess strong customer service skills, and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Previous library experience preferred.
This is a full-time (38 hours/week) position with full benefits and starting salary of $33,000.
The Hudson Library & Historical Society, a 5-Star Library, is seeking an energetic, creative, customer service-oriented professional to join the Adult Services team. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience with online media, services and software, and a strong commitment to customer service.
- Collection Development—Assist in selection and weeding of library resources.
- Marketing—Promote library activities and services through social media tools, e-mail newsletters, the library’s website, as well as brochures and other print media.
- Programming—Develop, promote, and execute innovative educational, cultural, and technology-based programs.
- Reference Assistance—Answer customer questions; assist with readers’ advisory, catalog and computer use, downloadable eMedia and mobile device use, databases, and local history and genealogy.
- Technology— Conduct technology training, provide technology support, troubleshoot printers, computers, mobile devices and software issues, update and help maintain the library’s Adult Services web pages.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
Head of Adult Services & Archives
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236
No phone calls, please.