Archivist, Archives of Ohio United Methodism (AOUM)
Organization:Ohio Wesleyan University
- ALA accredited master’s degree in library and information science program.
- Specialization in archives administration, archival certification or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Experience working in a college or university archives or special collections, including providing reference services to the public.
- Knowledge of descriptive and metadata standards, especially EAD, DAC, MARC, AACR2, and RDA as well as controlled vocabularies (LCSH) as they relate to archival collections.
- Experience creating and maintaining finding aids.
- Knowledge of basic preservation techniques for documents and artifacts in print and digital formats.
- Familiarity of current and emerging standards and best practices for conversion of document and media assets into digital form.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 40 lbs.
This is a 30 hour/week position (full benefits with the possibility of a 4-day work week). The collection consists of books, manuscripts, pamphlets, periodicals, artifacts, and other materials organized to encourage the study of the history of United Methodism in Ohio. The Archives is housed at Beeghly Library, Ohio Wesleyan University and is jointly sponsored and supported by the University and the East and West Ohio Conferences of The United Methodist Church.
Reporting primarily to the Director of Libraries, the archivist is responsible for all aspects of the AOUM which includes setting local policies, procedures, overseeing acquisitions, processing, description, preservation, access, and promotion of collections in all formats. In addition to collection development and management, this position requires a large amount of reference work as well as training and advising multiple groups on archival best practices and strategies.
For a detailed job description and application, please visit: http://jobs.owu.edu/