About this Job
The Stark County Law Library provides services to users including elected officials, county government personnel, judges and court staff, private practice attorneys, and self-represented litigants. The Assistant Director will become familiar with the administration of the library with the plan that the Assistant Director will assume the position of Director upon the retirement of the current Director.
• This multifaceted role requires a degree in library or information science and supervisory experience. A law degree would enhance this position, but is not a requirement. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• The Assistant Director should also have a strong public service orientation and be able to adapt to technological advances.
• The Assistant Director will be directly responsible to the Stark County Law Library Resources Board of Trustees.
• Evaluates and selects new print and online products
• Negotiates with vendors
• Administrator of online databases
• Trains and supervises personnel
• Manages the budget
• Supervises accounts receivable and payable
• Reports to and prepares materials for the Board of Trustees
• Maintains and develops working relationships with county departments and courts
• Oversees branch libraries
• Updates the library’s website and posts to social media
• Maintains and selects equipment
• Maintains ILS
• Does both original and electronically transferred cataloguing
• Supervises all additions and removal of materials from the collection
• Assists library users with information requests
• Participates in professional organizations to maintain awareness of current developments in law libraries
• Other duties as assigned by the Law Library Resources Board
• Master’s Degree in Information or Library Science from an ALA accredited school, or significant experience working in a law library
• Experience working in a library or legal environment
• Familiarity with database searching and Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Kendel Croston, Director
Stark County Law Library
110 Central Plaza S.
Canton, Ohio 44702
Posted On: Aug 19, 2022 / This posting expires: Oct 7, 2022