About this Job
The Stark County Law Library is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Director with excellent organizational and customer service skills to serve elected officials, county government personnel, judges and court staff, private practice attorneys, and self-represented litigants. The Assistant Director will serve as the primary assistant to the Library Director and in the absence of the Library Director be responsible for the operation of the Law Library. Key responsibilities of the position will be collaborating with the Library Director to provide and promote legal research services to government employees and to expand outreach programs.
The Assistant Director reports directly to the Library Director and is ultimately responsible to the Stark County Law Library Resources Board of Trustees.
• Assists the Library Director in the administration, development, and daily operation of the law library
• Administrator of online databases
• Trains and supervises personnel
• Maintains and develops working relationships with county departments and courts
• Oversees branch libraries in Alliance, Canton, and Massillon
• Contributes to library marketing through social media posts, library website, and outreach events
• Maintains research guides
• Maintains and troubleshoots library equipment and online resources
• Maintains ILS
• Performs reference services in person and by email, phone, and through chat
• Participates in professional organizations to stay current on developments in law libraries
• Other duties as assigned by the Stark County Law Library Resources Board
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Position can be full-time or part-time.
COMPENSATION: $50,000-$58,000/year, full-time; part-time compensation is negotiable
BENEFITS: Health, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employee, OPERS retirement
$50,000 - $58,000
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are fundamental.
• Familiarity with database searching and Microsoft Office is essential.
• A Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited school in information science and supervisory experience in a public or law library is desired.
• Experience with legal databases is desired, but not required.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by May 19, 2023 to:
Kendel Croston, Director
Stark County Law Library
110 Central Plaza South #401
Canton, OH 44702
Posted On: Apr 14, 2023 / This posting expires: May 20, 2023