Assistant Director, St. Clairsville Public Library
- Higher education courses in library science or equivalent training experiences; proven aptitude in professional library science, preferably in a public library setting; demonstrated supervisory skills; ability to assess community interests and needs to develop library programs and services accordingly; aptitude with computers and technology; excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; group presentation skills and sound professional judgment.
- Must pass a background check.
- Evenings and Saturdays as needed.
- Limited physical effort required, lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching and repetitive motion in the operation of library equipment.
- Provide experienced oversight and support for programs and services in all departments – Children’s, circulation, reference, outreach, marketing, collection management, facilities, and technology.
- Work with supervisors to plan library programs and lead programs as needed. Use the library’s software and technology to assist library customers. Provide informational assistance to customers of all ages.
- With little supervision complete projects related to improving library services, facilities, and resources.
- Communicate with individuals and groups to represent and enthusiastically promote the library.
- Work with the Director to implement the library’s mission, goals, and strategic objectives; responsibly perform tasks associated with finances and administration; train staff; and ensure quality customer service.
- Be a back-up for organizational responsibilities in the absence of the Director.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Provide a positive and friendly environment for staff and library customers of all ages.