Assistant Librarian-Adult Services
About this Job
Job Responsibilities: Under general supervision, provides direct reference services, assistance and support to library customers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
● Knowledge of library science and technology;
● Knowledge of public relations;
● Knowledge of reference materials;
● Knowledge of Dewey Decimal System;
● Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
● Ability to exhibit a broad reading background;
● Ability to prepare meaningful, concise and accurate reports;
● Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with library customers, supervisors and co- workers;
● Ability to exhibit creativity to prepare informative and entertaining programs;
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of confidential and sensitive subject matter
● Skill in operation of automated library equipment, online catalog and microfilm reader/printer;
● Skill in operation of computers and current electronic devices;
● Skill in communicating effectively in written and oral form.
This position reports directly to the Adult Services Manager.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Valid State of Ohio driver’s license; availability to work evenings and weekends.
Muskingum County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
The Muskingum County Library System is seeking an Adult Services Assistant Librarian.
The Adult Services Assistant Librarian needs to have compassion for our patrons and be excited about creating quality programs for our community. They should be enthusiastic about customer service and willing to take the lead on projects. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
● Health Insurance, Dental and Life Insurance
● 9 paid holidays plus 2 paid floating holidays
● 186 hours of PTO earned annually
● Employee Assistance Program
● Retirement plan: OPERS- Mandatory 10% employee contribution, 14% employer contribution
Please send your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to
Samantha Maxwell, HR Director at [email protected] or mail to 220 N. Fifth St. Zanesville, OH 43701
Muskingum County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted On: Oct 7, 2022 / This posting expires: Oct 22, 2022