Branch Library Manager
About this Job
Due to an upcoming retirement, the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library is looking for an energetic and innovative individual for the position as Branch Library Manager for the 5,900 sq. ft. Brookfield Library location to provide outstanding library service; develop and maintain the branch library collection; supervise a staff of 2.85FTE's (full-time & part-time); and oversee the daily branch operations.
- Participates in routine public service – circulation activities, reference and reader’s advisory to customers of all ages.
- Develops and maintains an effective team of employees through hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating personnel for the branch.
- Develops and maintains adult material collections within the allocated budget; oversees the selection, ordering, weeding and collection maintenance of all adult materials at the branch. Works cooperatively with Youth Services department on children/teen materials.
- Instructs users of all ages in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Instructs users and library staff in the use of databases, computer programs, and the internet. Assists with troubleshooting of branch computers.
- Oversees efficient branch facility operations, including interior housekeeping and maintenance issues as well as exterior maintenance, both in cooperation with Maintenance Department.
- Models excellent internal and external customer service.
- Plans and carries out programming for adults under the general supervision of Deputy Director and in consultation with the Public Relations Manager.
- Serves as liaison with and maintains a good working relationship with the branch Friends group.
- Maintains ongoing communication with supervisor about all aspects of branch services.
- Master’s in Library and Information Science degree from an ALA-accredited college or university is required. Two or more years of professional (post-MLS) experience in library public service required. Preference may be given to those with supervisory experience.
- Some experience in library circulation procedures preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in using computers and various software programs to include the Internet and online databases.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Salary range is from $49,296 to the mid-point of $61,630.
- The benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); generous vacation and sick leave
- Applicants must also successfully pass a thorough background check including employment/education verification and a criminal background check.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
For full consideration, applicants for this position must submit a resume including salary history, cover letter indicating previous applicable experience and full references online through the Library’s careers website.
Posted On: Jul 21, 2021 / This posting expires: Aug 31, 2021