Branch Library Manager (Liberty Library)
About this Job
Due to an upcoming retirement, the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library is looking for an energetic and innovative individual for the position as Branch Library Manager for the 10,000 sq. ft. Liberty Library location to provide outstanding library service; develop and maintain the branch library collection; supervise a staff of 6 FTE's (full-time & part-time); and oversee the daily branch operations.
Liberty is the fifth branch location for the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. The library opened to the public on Nov. 2, 1998 in a Liberty Plaza storefront offering some 3,500 square feet of space. In October of 2000, the library purchased 1.86 acres of land near the site of the former Liberty High School on Churchill-Hubbard Road. Construction of a new building began in 2002. The new 10,000 square foot facility opened for business on May 19, 2003. Construction of a 1,233 square-foot enclosed outdoor children’s area funded by the Janet Miller Casey Memorial Endowment and by private donations began in mid-August 2019, and the grand opening for “Jan’s Corner” was held August 31 at the Liberty Library,
• Participates in routine public service – circulation activities, reference and reader’s advisory to customers of all ages.
• Develops and maintains an effective team of employees through hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating personnel for the branch.
• Develops and maintains adult material collections within the allocated budget; oversees the selection, ordering, weeding and collection maintenance of all adult materials at the branch. Works cooperatively with Youth Services department on children/teen materials.
• Instructs users of all ages in the use of library materials in all formats.
• Instructs users and library staff in the use of databases, computer programs, and the internet. Assists with troubleshooting of branch computers.
• Oversees efficient branch facility operations, including interior housekeeping and maintenance issues as well as exterior maintenance, both in cooperation with Maintenance Department.
• Models excellent internal and external customer service.
• Plans and carries out programming for adults under the general supervision of Deputy Director and in consultation with the Public Relations Manager.
• Serves as liaison with and maintains a good working relationship with the branch Friends group.
• Maintains ongoing communication with supervisor about all aspects of branch services.
$56,014 - $70,033
Master’s in Library and Information Science degree from an ALA-accredited college or university is required. Two or more years of professional (post-MLS) experience in library public service required. Preference may be given to those with supervisory experience. Some experience in library circulation procedures preferred. Knowledge and experience in using computers and various software programs to include the Internet and online databases. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge of library materials for adults in a variety of formats. Awareness of trends in services, and literature for children and teens. Knowledge of the philosophy, goals and objectives of public library service and its relationship to the community. High degree of analytical ability to understand and solve unusual and difficult reference questions by supplying information suited to the user's age and knowledge level. Ability to problem-solve customer concerns. Excellent organizational skills; for example, the ability to keep accurate records, perform simple calculations and maintain continuity of work through frequent interruptions. Ability to plan and prioritize daily, monthly, and longer-term tasks and assignments.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Salary range is from $56,014 to the mid-point of $70,033, depending on qualifications and experience. The benefit package includes medical with HSA contribution and wellness program, dental, and vision insurance; participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); generous PTO plan; Applicants must also successfully pass a thorough background check including employment/education verification and a criminal background check.
Application Deadline/How to Apply: Open until filled
For full consideration, applicants for this position must submit a resume including salary history, cover letter indicating previous applicable experience and full references online through the Library’s careers website provided.
Posted On: Jan 17, 2023 / This posting expires: Apr 18, 2023