Organization:Pickerington Public Library
- MLS (MLIS) or MLIS from an American Library Association accredited university
- Experience training and supervising others preferred, including work delegation, scheduling, and evaluating performance
- 3 years of progressively responsible professional library experience
- Superior communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Skill in ILS automation environment, or ability to develop that skill
- Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance
- Demonstrated commitment to serving library customers and residents of the community
- Acts with the customer in mind using information gained from interacting with the customers. Meets the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers
- Must maintain insurability under the Library’s vehicle liability insurance coverage. Periodically drives to all Library locations; may travel for training and development assignments. Must have immediate access to personal vehicle. Must maintain valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. May drive PPL vehicle if called upon.
- Must successfully pass a background check
Technology skills: The following is the common technology used in this position and is not all inclusive.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Library related software applications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and push a 50-pound cart. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Reports to: Library Director
Oversees all aspects of the Sycamore Plaza library branch operations; including development, implementation and evaluation of all branch programs, outreach and services. Provides excellent customer service, creates schedules to ensure coverage at the branch, and is responsible for the training, supervision, and evaluating of branch staff. Responsible for providing a full range of library services to customers and maintaining the branch collection. Committed to the Pickerington Public Library’s Mission to “Inspire Knowledge, Connect Community, Enrich Our World, Read!” Leads and manages staff and building resources in order to achieve stated Library goals and objectives. The Manager aligns location initiatives with strategic and tactical plans.
- Supervises and effectively performs all aspects of branch operations
- Develops, provides and regularly evaluates and improves branch services
- Supervises, trains, motivates, schedules and evaluates all branch staff
- Keep staff informed of all library goals and objectives, policy and procedural changes
- Ensures that branch staff are responsive to customers in a consistent, friendly and professional manner
- Plan, coordinate, promote and present in person and virtual youth and adult programs, displays and outreach
- Develop and maintain library collections responsive to the community’s information, recreational, and educational needs
- Coordinate with the Community Engagement Manager and Library Director to establish and maintain collaborations with community agencies and promote Library services through community outreach
- Maintain effective relationships with community officials, leaders, organizations, the public and the staff
- Ensures that the user environment is pleasant, friendly and that services meet the needs of customers
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for branch service which support the library’s strategic plan
- Supervises the daily money collection, including its safekeeping and delivery to bank
- Assist customers in placing requests for library materials, both local and from other CLC libraries
- Provides excellent service to customers of all ages and backgrounds, practices positive public relations and performs duties in a friendly and courteous manner
- Is the Person-In-Charge (PIC) at all library locations
- Monitors facility and property issues and conditions, communicating any needs or problems to the appropriate person
- Participate in the Central Library Consortium at appropriate level
- Cooperates with other staff, promotes teamwork, shares information and resolves conflict
- Develops library’s action list for each year with other library managers and track and update branch library statistics
- Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
- Checks e-mail frequently and regularly attends management team meetings
- Assists in the delivery of services to the customer at all service points. Maintains personal skills to assure quality of service in areas of Library collections, technology, reference, readers’ advisory and circulation
- Attends local, state and national conferences or meetings as required
- Performs additional duties as assigned including being a project lead and/or serving on task forces, committees, etc.
Cover letters and resumes can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicable background checks will be performed.