Organization:Cuyahoga County Public Library
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school.
- At least five (5) years of professional library experience including at least two years in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a unionized environment.
- A valid driver's license, reliable personal transportation is required, as well as in force personal automobile insurance.
- A criminal background check is required, as are pre-employment drug and nicotine screens.
Are you ready to “Find Yourself Here”? At the top public library system in the Nation.
CCPL is currently seeking a Branch Manager for one of our 27 locations here in Northeast Ohio. This Manager will be joining a fully staffed team that is eager to promote our mission of being at the center of community life by creating an environment where reading, lifelong learning and civic engagement thrive.
- Competitive benefits
- Great pay
- Work life balance
- Top of the line programming
- Engaging wellness plan
- And so much more.
Review the summary of the job description below AND apply today: www.cuyahogalibrary.org/jobs
Delivers library services at the branch level by implementing policies and procedures as established by the Board of Trustees and Library Administration. Serves as spokesperson for the branch library, always promoting library services and striving to make library resources and programs relevant and accessible to all members of the community. Responsible for day-to-day operations for assigned branch library(ies) including supervising, hiring, training, directing and evaluating branch staff. Monitors applicable branch budgets and ensures established public service goals and objectives are attained. Successfully creates strategic alliances and community partnerships by developing effective relationships with significant community groups including Friends of the Library, government leaders and school representatives.
Competencies that an incumbent should be able to demonstrate and that are reflected in the knowledge, skills and abilities that lead to satisfactory accomplishment of the Essential Job Functions, include all of the competency dimensions identified as People/Relational, Process Management, Strategic Focus, and Value Creation. In addition, incumbents are expected to demonstrate proficiency in the Function/Task Specific dimensions of Computer Knowledge and Use, Circulations Services, all dimensions for Adult/Youth Services, and elements of Human Resource Management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The position is physically comfortable, with occasional task-related minor discomforts. The individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- No major sources of working conditions discomfort, i.e. standard work environment with possible minor inconveniences due to occasional noise, crowded working conditions, and/or minor heating, cooling or ventilation problems.
- Required to attend meetings and events outside of a normal workday.