BRANCH MANAGER (MED) MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. BRANCH
Organization:Cleveland Public Library
- Bachelor’s Degree in urban studies, nonprofit management, education, business, organizational leadership, or a related field (required)
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- ideal candidates will have a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
- Four years’ supervisory experience, preferably in a union environment.
- Two years’ experience can be substituted for equivalent leadership experience in a community-based organization, professional association, or in a CPL lead worker capacity or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience working for an organization that provides community-based services, preferably in an urban setting.
Skills: Excellent project management and presentation skills. Intermediate level Microsoft Office. Operate job related equipment. Use mathematics to solve basic problems.
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and manage the day-to-day operations of a Library branch.
- Coordinate, schedule, supervise and assign work assignments to staff
- Provide direct supervision of staff including orientation, training, discipline, and performance evaluations.
- Comply with collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Ensure staff provide exceptional customer service to Library patrons and visitors.
- Plan and implement programming.
- Develop collaborative relationships with schools, community groups and leaders, political and leadership representatives.
- Initiate community outreach, engagement and education efforts to increase the use of Library services and programs.
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability for branch resources and the ability to achieve outcomes within allocated resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial data and reports.
- Identify and implement policies, procedures and opportunities regarding program/service needs that affect both internal staff and Library services.
- Assure effective and respectful relations with all Library personnel, patrons, and community representatives.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of branch services and programs.
- Apply broad knowledge, in-depth business and process knowledge and understanding of internal and external environment to formulate branch and/or organizational goals that support the Library's vision, strategy, and goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please apply at www.cpl.org on the employment tab and include an attached current/updated resume and fill out the application entirely.