Children’s Department Manager
About this Job
Under direct supervision of the Youth Services Coordinator, the Children’s Department Manager is responsible for all operations within the Children’s Department and represents the library in community activities and events.
- MLS or MLIS from ALA-accredited university is required.
- Two to three years’ experience working in public library setting is preferred.
- Experience training and supervising others, including work delegation, scheduling, and evaluating performance preferred.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office, GSuite, internet and email
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Reliability and above average work attendance with ability to work flexible schedule including day, evening and weekend hours
- Physical Engage in extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting/turning and stretching to shelve materials throughout the library on shelves of varying heights from above shoulders to below knees.
- Engage in intermittent periods of climbing stairs, typing and viewing computer monitors, lifting and carrying equipment and materials occasionally weighing 40 – 60 pounds and pushing loaded book trucks weighing 75 - 100 pounds or more on tile or carpet.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and manipulate materials and operate tools and controls, including computers, phones and office equipment.
- Occasionally required to get on hands and knees to look for materials that have fallen under the shelves or stand on stool 14 ½ inches above ground to reach upper shelves.
- May be required to climb step ladder occasionally and run vacuum as needed.
- Favorable results of pre-employment background check.
- Reliable transportation in order to meet work requirements. Valid vehicle operator’s license with acceptable driving record and current vehicle insurance. Travel within Richland County is required.
- Required at time of hire: proof of eligibility to work in the United States
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jun 23, 2021 / This posting expires: Jul 14, 2021