Children's Librarian, South Brooklyn Branch
Organization:Cleveland Public Library
Required Education and Work Experience:
Masters Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university
One year of Urban or Public Setrvice library experience
Two year of Microsoft Office Suite experience
Children's or teen services experience
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN (FULL-TIME), DISTRICT #2
HOURLY RATE $28.59 & ANNUAL SALARY $55,754.92
THIS IS A UNION POSITION LOCATED AT THE SOUTH BROOKLYN BRANCH
BRANCH HOURS: MON, TU, THU 10:00AM-7:00PM & WED, FRI, SAT-10:00AM-6:00PM
CRITICAL SKILLS: (The critical skills listed are not an exclusive list of the job, tasks or qualifications. Please review the job description in its entirety)
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE APPLY ON THE CLEVELAND PUBLIV LIBRARY’S WEBSITE: www.cpl.org
1. A RESUME MUST BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH AN APPLICATION. Please review your application and resume submission carefully. ONLY those work experiences, education, and other qualifications listed on a resume will be considered in determining those applicants qualified to move forward in the recruitment process based on the requirements outlined in the critical skills and the job description.
2. If you are applying for a position that requires a degree, (Associate's, Bachelor’s, or Master’s) you must submit proof of your educational attainment at the time of submission of your application (must attach current/updated resume).
Acceptable proof of education: a transcript from your college/university; a diploma; a letter from the college/university registrar certifying that you have completed all requirements to be granted the degree. EXCEPTIONS will be granted for an internal applicant applying for a lateral transfer where the internal applicant is already in a position that required the same level of education as the posted vacancy.
3. Promotes use of the Library and its services to youth, their caregivers, educators, and advocate groups.
4. Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both oral and written.
5. Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university (REQUIRED).
6. One year of library experience (REQUIRED).
7. Children’s or teen services experience preferred as specified in the posting.
8. Assists with the planning, coordination and implementation of age appropriate activities for youth/teens or their caregivers.
9. Ability to advocate for the interests and needs of children and youth.
10. Performs public service including reference work consistent with RUSA guidelines, reader’s advisory, assisting patrons to find materials, use materials, and reserve materials, and facilitating computer use and the use of Library equipment with youth emphasis, their caregivers, educators, and advocacy groups.
11. Participates in collection development and maintenance including selecting children’s and teen materials for acquisition, transfer and withdrawal in consultation with Collection Management staff and with the approval of the Manager.
12. Conducts Library tours and class visits.
13. Processes children’s and teen materials including receiving, transferring, and withdrawing materials.
14. Ability to demonstrate intermediate computer skills including use of MS Windows, word processing, electronic communication, and internet browsing.
15. Ability to interact with coworkers and patrons in a manner respectful of ability, cultures, and diversity.
REMINDER: A RESUME MUST BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED.
Recruiter: Crystal Brooks
Position Closing Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Please apply on the Cleveland Public Library's website. www.cpl.org