Organization:Bexley Public Library
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Some experience related to customer service
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to arrange items in alphanumeric and/or subject order
- Ability to retain and follow circulation department policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of common computer software programs
The Bexley Public Library is looking for two associates to join their collaborative, creative team as a CIRCULATION ASSISTANT. This position reports to the Circulation Manager and assists patrons with a variety of tasks related to their use of library materials, working in partnership with the circulation team members to accurately and efficiently process library materials. This permanent part-time role engages with visitors on a daily basis and provides prompt, courteous, knowledgeable service to patrons of all ages. This year-round role works 18 hours per week, including evenings and weekend rotation once every three weeks. Starting hourly wage rate for this role is $13.23.
For a description and application process, please link to https://bexleylibrary.org/jobs.
Essential Position Functions
- Provides outstanding customer service: creates strong and supportive relationships throughout the building and community; is welcoming, approachable, and adaptable; assists patrons with questions, OPAC, self-check and locating or retrieving materials
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive, dependable attitude and supports the library’s mission, goals, values and objectives
- Assists patrons with library card accounts and resolves account disputes in a friendly and efficient manner; accurately maintains patron records
- Handles monies related to fines and fees; accurately uses the cash register
- Locates, processes, and distributes all library materials accurately and efficiently
- Processes and compiles various reports
- Inspects returned items for condition and status, computes any applicable fines, and cleans materials as needed
- Cares for the entire collection by shelf-reading, shifting, and straightening; inspects materials for damage and collaborates with colleagues on questionable items
- Creates and maintains attractive and timely displays; merchandises library materials
- Markets and promotes library materials and resources to patrons
- Develops and assists with various projects; e.g. task forces, committees.
- Responds to patron questions and situations in accordance with library policy and in a manner to enhance the reputation of the library as a public service organization.
Complete application process at https://bexleylibrary.org/jobs