Organization:Plain City Public Library
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, keyboarding skills, attention to detail and the ability to operate quickly in stressful situations. Experience working in a public library or similar public service setting is desirable. Successful candidates must also have excellent customer service skills and show familiarity with Microsoft Windows software and operating systems. Candidates must be; able to work in a stationary position for extended periods of time; able to work with computers for extended periods of time; able to lift at least 40 pounds; able to climb a ladder or use a step stool; able to lift, carry, and shelve library materials above the shoulders and below the knees.
This position is a great introduction for anyone beginning their journey in public libraries. Our organization is looking for friendly, energetic and customer-oriented individuals to serve our library community as part-time Circulation Clerks. Our mission is to provide resources to enhance the quality and enjoyment of life; to do so the Plain City Public Library believes in:
- Being excellent communicators; thriving in a flexible environment that values health, family and respect for one another
- Ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for personalized attention without discrimination
- Maintaining an accessible facility that fosters curiosity and discovery for all people, through traditional services, education and emerging technologies
- Building community partnerships through dynamic outreach and wide-ranging programs
- Being mindful of the cultural heritage of our communities and how it shapes us while we seek out new trends and embrace opportunities for the future
Typical duties for this position include checking materials in and out; registering customers for new library cards; answering the telephone; keeping shelves neat and orderly; pulling material for interlibrary loan; packing/unpacking cargo bins; assisting customers with reservations; and answering general directional questions.
To complete an online application, visit http://www.plaincitylib.org/employment/