Collection and Acquisitions Manager
About this Job
- Select physical books, non-book materials, and OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks for the library system.
- Provide centralized selection of library materials for the Popular Library, Main Library Youth Services, and Branches.
- Ensure that library materials are ordered and received in a timely manner and invoices are processed for payment.
- Ensure highly popular, high-volume library materials are cataloged and added in a timely manner.
- Work with vendors to select, purchase, and receive materials for CPL.
- Prepare annual budget for branch collection development.
- Collaborate with managers and staff across the library.
- Supervisory responsibilities such as discipline, contract administration, schedules, hiring, terminations, and timecards.
- Promote professional development through appropriate educational and organizational activities.
- Coordinate efforts between specified areas and other departments.
- Work with internal and external committees.
- Compiles and interprets statistics.
- Performs clerical tasks including copying, sorting, handling correspondence, filing, word processing, answering
- Answers the telephone using good telephone etiquette, maintaining office equipment, and recording statistics of work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
- Seven years post-MLS library experience including five years' experience handling materials selection and acquisitions in Technical Services.
- Three years supervisory/lead worker experience in a union environment.
- Strong Business Math
- Strong Business English
- Intermediate Knowledge in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge in ILS software
- Able to prepare and understand reports.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jul 15, 2021 / This posting expires: Jul 30, 2021