Community Engagement Assistant
About this Job
The Community Engagement Assistant helps the library connect with and conduct community outreach, promotion and understanding. The assistant maintains the library’s website and supports digital marketing efforts through social media, print materials and statistical practices. Collaborates with library leadership and staff to apply marketing and statistical best practices to make data driven decisions and strategic plans. Represents the library at organization and community events. Is responsible for management and utilization of the website and statistical records. Committed to the Pickerington Public Library’s Mission to “Inspire Knowledge, Connect Community, Enrich Our World, Read!”
- Assists with the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of public relations and marketing activities for the library.
- Supports the coordination and promotion of activities, classes and events between all library locations. Attends select library events for content creation and promotion.
- Helps Supervisor to manage, maintain, and update all aspects of the Library’s website, social media and other digital tools with outreach and user experience in mind.
- Develop, assist in designing and producing print publicity materials, including but not limited to brochures, signage, digital and print newsletters, and class/event flyers as needed
- Familiar with statistical data practices and analysis to generate annual and regular reports for leadership and staff to make data informed decisions and develop strategy.
- Collaborate with leadership and staff to train and share statistical data practices and analysis to gather relevant information to make decisions and build strategy based on community interests.
- Ability to ensure production processes and quality including spelling, grammar and general presentation.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, technology and new professional techniques; participates in activities of professional and related organizations.
- Assists the Community Engagement Manager in providing training on current trends, best practices, and new technologies in relation to marketing and promotion.
- Prioritizes customer awareness, service, and outreach as an advocate of the library.
- Represents the library in community outreach events and meetings.
- Fosters, develops and maintains partnerships and opportunities for collaboration with other organizations that mutually benefit the library and community.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with other libraries.
- Follows library safety and emergency procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues using reporting software provided by the library.
- Cooperates with other staff, promotes teamwork and shares information
- Checks and respond to e-mail and Discourse (CLC) frequently
- Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
- Performs additional duties as assigned including being a project lead and/or serving on task forces, committees, etc.
Starting at $16.73/hour
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years’ experience in communications, supportive of public relations and marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with social and digital management and advertising on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Google Business, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Moderate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office software and cloud applications including Word, Excel, Forms, Microsoft Flow (Automate), Teams, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Moderate to advanced experience with Adobe Products including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Advanced understanding of data/statistical practices and analysis, includes familiarity with Excel, Google Analytics, SQL and database creation or management.
- Moderate to advanced understanding of html, WordPress site development, website best practices and ADA compliance.
- Familiarity with written and graphic content production, quality, and editing including APA and AP formats.
- Familiarity with photography and video creation/editing using variety of software for promotion, as well as copyright law.
- Familiarity with MailChimp email marketing software.
- Exhibit sound judgment and strong professional ethics.
- Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving library customers and residents of the community in accordance with the library’s mission and vision.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, maintain insurability under the library’s insurance and successfully pass a background check.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and push a 50-pound cart. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicable background checks will be performed.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Cover letter and resume can be e-mailed to: [email protected]
Or mailed to: Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Posted On: Sep 30, 2021 / This posting expires: Dec 29, 2021