Community Engagement Assistant
Organization:Pickerington Public Library
- Bachelor’s degree and/or other education and/or experience supportive of public relations and marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, desktop publishing, database and graphics software
- Exhibit sound judgment and strong professional ethics
- Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance
- Demonstrated commitment to serving library customers and residents of the community
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, maintain insurability under the library’s insurance and successfully pass a background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and push a 50-pound cart. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The Community Engagement Assistant helps maintain the library’s website and supports digital marketing efforts through social media. Supports their supervisor by providing branding and quality assurance of all submissions for classes and events. Manages and uses the library’s statistical records. Committed to the Pickerington Public Library’s Mission to “Inspire Knowledge, Connect Community, Enrich Our World, Read!”
- Supports the coordination of activities, classes and events between all library locations.
- Develop, design and produce publicity materials, including but not limited to brochures, booklists, signage and class/event flyers as needed
- Supports the coordination of library-wide events and exhibits. Helps Community Engagement Manager to coordinate all staff members and volunteers who represent the library at community events or as part of community organizations.
- Present events, tours, etc. as needed
- Represents the library at community meetings, committees, task forces and councils.
- Fosters, develops and maintains partnerships and opportunities for collaboration with other organizations that mutually benefit the library and community.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with other libraries.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, technology and new professional techniques; participates in activities of professional and related organizations.
- Conducts presentations within and outside the library promoting the use of library materials and services.
- Serves on library committees as assigned.
- Follows library safety and emergency procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues using reporting software provided by the library.
- Support the creation and implementation of publicity for programs for a variety of media
- Helps Supervisor to maintain all aspects of the Library’s website, social media and other digital footprint
- Assists with the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of public relations and marketing activities for the library
- Seek opportunities to promote the library to the public
- Serve as a desktop publishing resource to staff as needed
- Supports the Community Engagement Manager by managing the meeting room/event software
- Orders supplies, maintains office equipment, distributes mail, and answers and directs incoming calls as needed
- Cooperates with other staff, promotes teamwork and shares information
- Check and respond to e-mail frequently
- Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cover letter and resume can be e-mailed to: email@example.com
Or mailed to: Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicable background checks will be performed.