Continuing Education Coordinator
About this Job
NEO-RLS’s Continuing Education Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of a variety of continuing education opportunities, training, services, consulting and events that enhance the skills, leadership, vision and knowledge of library staff in NE Ohio libraries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops and coordinates NEO-RLS continuing education programs and events in response to the needs of NEO-RLS members and their patrons.
- Builds healthy, professional relationships with libraries, speakers/presenters, and vendors.
- Maintains specified areas of the website, including but not limited to program description and registration, homepage and banner, job postings, elections, forms, etc.
- Facilitates the creation, development, editing and maintenance of print and digital marketing materials for programming, events, services and consulting in conjunction with NEO-RLS staff, including but not limited to, creation of the weekly newsletter, broadcast messages and targeted emails, social media, brochures, flyers and reports.
- Creates, analyzes and employs feedback tools to ensure current and relevant training content.
- Utilizes statistical information for marketing and evaluating programs and services.
- Maintains statistics related to continuing education, networking and consulting for the Board of Trustees, the State Library of Ohio and the annual report.
- Facilitates Network Group meetings and serves as staff liaison to appropriate Network Groups.
- Maintains the Archived Webinars Library in conjunction with NEO-RLS staff.
- Coordinates assigned Advisory Groups and Network Groups.
- Works closely with the Ohio Educational Library Media Association (OELMA) Director of Conference and Board Officers to implement conference and/or website requests.
- Participates on the Strategic Planning consulting team.
- Works with NEO-RLS staff to investigate and utilize appropriate software platforms for online learning.
- Maintains currency in trends impacting libraries.
- Participates in and attends regional, state and national meetings and organizations, in relation to continuing education opportunities.
- Develops effective collaborative partnership efforts to support NEO-RLS events.
- Maintains, schedules, troubleshoots and ships Emerging Tech Kits as assigned.
- Provides assistance to libraries seeking Staff Day services as assigned.
- Provides assistance to libraries seeking information and consulting regarding emerging technologies as assigned.
- Creates and presents continuing education content as assigned.
$44,800 - $67,200
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited library school or a Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ experience working in program planning and/or library technology application, preferably in a library setting.
- Basic knowledge of library concepts, operations, technology, services and trends.
- Virtual and in-person teaching and/or training experience, including the planning and facilitation of workshops, working with groups conducting meetings and the conceptualization, design and presentation of content.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Excellent public-speaking and written communication skills. Experience with website maintenance including basic coding skills.
- Demonstrated ethics and judgment when dealing with confidential information. Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to members, library staff and co-workers. Ability to identify and analyze information, collect, compile and prepare work
- documents, and set-up and maintain work files. DESIREABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Competency in HTML and CSS coding languages.
- Proficiency in current photo and video editing tools.
- Knowledge of current digital and social media marketing and analytics tools.
- Event planning experience.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Submit resume and cover letter.
The Northeast Ohio Regional Library System is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Posted On: Aug 4, 2021 / This posting expires: Aug 24, 2021