Continuing Education Coordinator
About this Job
Do you have a zeal for continuing education? A zest for successful events? A flair for creative programs and staff development? Join the progressive and well-supported team at the Northwest Regional Library System (NORWELD) and help shape services and programs for the Northwest Ohio library community! The ideal candidate has an enthusiasm for lifelong learning, embraces a continually adapting professional landscape, and thrives in leading and developing quality programs and continuing education opportunities that support the needs of member libraries. A knowledge of basic library operations highly desired. An ability to work both independently and collaboratively, to multitask, and excellent communication and organizational skills required.
The Continuing Education Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of a variety of continuing education opportunities, training, services, consulting, group meetings and events that enhance the skills, leadership, vision and knowledge of library staff in Northwest Ohio libraries.
$17 - $22 / hour plus benefits including pro-rated vacation, holiday, and sick leave; OPERS retirement; and life insurance
Great people skills and an enthusiasm for developing, coordinating, and conducting quality continuing education programs and events to support NORWELD member libraries operations and staff development. Excellent skills in managing multiple priorities, conducting and planning workshops, working with groups, and conducting meetings. Eagerness to learn and remain relevant in an ever-changing professional landscape. Willingness to adapt programs and events as necessary during a pandemic. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience required.
DESIREABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Event planning experience
• Knowledge of current digital and social media marketing and analytics tools
• Membership and/or participation in appropriate professional organizations preferred
• Understand members’ needs and deliver services focused on the customer*
• Thorough knowledge of computers, office software applications, and social media tools
• Possess a willingness to learn, ask questions and follow instructions and organizational procedures
• Capacity to work independently and see tasks to completion with minimal direction
• Follow a sequential workflow with attention to accuracy, detail and neatness
• Respond to member’s needs with courtesy and with a respectful and friendly manner
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and member libraries’ personnel
• Maintain a pleasant and productive working atmosphere
• Present a positive, professional image to coworkers and member libraries
EQUIPMENT AND EFFORT REQUIRED:
• Must have a driver’s license, appropriate automobile insurance and/or reliable means of transportation to travel to work or member libraries in Northwest Ohio and attend meetings, workshops and conferences regionally, state-wide and nationally.
• Ability to operate a computer and standard business office equipment
• Ability to lift and carry and push a cart of materials occasionally weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Manual dexterity to file items in file cabinet from floor level up to 90 inches in height.
The Northwest Regional Library System is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Interested parties should send a cover letter, detailed resume, and three job-related references by email to [email protected] using the Subject “CE Coordinator.” Applications received by January 26, 2022 will receive priority consideration.
Posted On: Jan 18, 2022 / This posting expires: Feb 2, 2022