Customer Services Associate
Organization:Pickerington Public Library
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- An understanding of library filing rules and the Dewey Decimal System
- Ability to pass alphabetic and numeric sorting and filing test
- Able to cooperate with other staff, promote teamwork and share information
- Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance
- This individual would need the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must successfully pass a background check
Physical requirements include ability to stand, sit, bend, push and carry library materials over an extended period of time. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push a 50-pound cart.
The Pickerington Public Library is searching for an energetic individual to fill a part time position in the Customer Services Department. The Customer Services Associate’s primary responsibilities are to ensure appropriate and efficient processing and distribution of library materials, maintaining the condition of the stacks and ensuring all materials are in the correct order, and works with each department in the library to provide materials and excellent customer service.
- Processes and sorts materials accurately and efficiently; materials from cargo bins, returned materials from customers, expired reserves, and new materials
- Check in and maintain locker location materials
- Shelf Reading
- Shelve material
- Find and check in the items from various material retrieval lists
- Pack bins from the PPL to other libraries
- Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
- Utilizes computer applications and library equipment
- Maintains Library collection by identifying and solving problems with library materials, performing cleaning of library materials, pulling materials in poor condition from shelves, maintaining patron reserve shelves, processing various reports which involve searching for library materials (i.e. Pull List)
- Knowledge of when to report problems to supervisor
- Assists in public service areas as needed; answering basic directional questions in person and over the phone, locating and retrieving materials for customers, assisting customers with self-service public technology, and support the code of conduct
Cover letter and resume can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Cover letter and resume will be accepted until job is filled.
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.