Deputy Fiscal Officer
About this Job
Serves as deputy financial officer of the London Public Library in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, the directives of the auditor of the State of Ohio and the policies and decisions of the London Public Library Board of Trustees at the will of the Board. Works with the Fiscal Officer and Director with clerical and administrative tasks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists Fiscal Officer to ensure compliance with regulations of the State of Ohio
and State Auditor’s Office, and library policies.
• Must have knowledge and possess skills to complete all functions of the Fiscal Office in the absence of the Fiscal Officer.
• Attends all regular meetings of the Board of Trustees and other meetings as required.
• Writes board meeting minutes when requested and maintains the minute book.
• Prepares a monthly financial report for presentation at board meetings.
• Prepares special correspondence that is outside the purview of the board secretary.
• Keeps the financial records of Library funds in accordance with Chapter 117-4 of the Ohio Administrative Code, which lists the requirements of the Auditor of the State of Ohio.
• Reviews all Library funds in approved depositories. Deposits all funds not taken at the Circulation Desk.
• Processes all payroll, fringe benefit and retirement system payments in compliance with the Ohio Revised Code and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Maintains a permanent file of payroll, fringe benefit and retirement system records as mandated by law and good business practice.
• Knows the library statutory requirements and powers as authorized in the Ohio Revised Code, the opinions of the Ohio Attorney General and other federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Prepares and files fiscal and payroll reports to federal, state and local authorities in a timely manner.
• Works with the Director and Fiscal Officer in the preparation of the annual appropriations resolution and the proposed budget.
• Works with the Director and Fiscal Officer as a member of the administrative team to provide information on the present and projected financial condition of the Library.
• Implements accounting system changes.
• Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
• Creates and maintains employee and other confidential files.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and reserves and prepares facilities.
• Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director, Fiscal Officer and the Board of Trustees.
Beginning at $18 per hour. Commensurate with experience.
University degree in accounting, finance, or related field, 2 -3 years of experience in finance and accounting, or equivalent experience. Must meet and maintain bonding requirements.
QuickBooks and Governmental accounting experience highly desired.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected]
Posted On: Apr 10, 2023 / This posting expires: May 13, 2023