Director, Library Services
Organization:Owens Community College
Master’s Degree in Library/Information Sciences from an American Library Association accredited institution.
Minimum two years administrative experience in an academic library.
Experience working with union employees is a plus.
- Develop and promote programming in support of academics overall as well as in key areas such as information literacy, student and faculty research, and technology. Engage faculty, staff, and students to assist in developing programs, activities, and resources appropriate for the College and local communities.
- Oversee the development and management of the library budget. Review needs for library equipment and materials and recommends purchases. Maintain the collection of physical and online resources for the college.
- Act as a liaison to chairs and deans to ensure department and program needs are met and that they are properly budgeting for library resources as needed.
- Seek and pursue additional funding sources for library services and programming through grants, donations, etc.
- Represent the College at OhioLINK meetings, and library-related state organizations and events as needed. Participate in appropriate library consortia to enhance services and resources. Manage agreements with external agencies to provide access to databases, learning resources and bibliographical services.
- Develop and maintain the core services of a modern college library. Stay current with emerging professional techniques and trends in library services and resources. Ensure library materials, programs, and services meet the needs of the College and external community it serves.
- Develop, review, and revise systems, procedures and workflow based on the annual assessment of the effectiveness of library services and resources. Conduct library-related reports required by regional and national accrediting bodies.
- Supervise librarians, staff and student workers. Schedule work assignments, recruit and train staff.