Education Outreach Librarian – Assistant Professor
Organization:University of Toledo Libraries
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited school or earned doctorate in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of current best practices and trends in education librarianship.
- Experience working with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and set priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively with colleagues, students, faculty, and staff in a team environment.
- Demonstrated potential to meet The University of Toledo criteria for tenure and promotion, including scholarly presentations and/or publications and service.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diversity and the importance of inclusion as shown by a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
- Working knowledge of current best practices and trends in affordable learning, including open access textbooks, OERs, and course reserves.
- Degree or experience in the education field.
- Experience with outreach to student populations or faculty.
- Experience teaching information literacy classes.
- Experience with research and consultation services.
- Experience with assessment.
- Experience creating and editing LibGuides.
- Experience with instructional technologies and/or instructional design.
- Familiarity with Quality Matters, web content accessibility guidelines, and learning tool interoperability integrations.
- Demonstrated research agenda.
POSITION TYPE & SALARY
Twelve-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty represented by the American Association of University Professors (AAUP). Applicants are expected to show potential in professional and scholarly achievement and will be hired at the rank of Assistant Professor with a minimum $66,000 starting salary, depending on qualifications and experience.
To view the full job ad please see: http://www.utoledo.edu/library/info/jobs/EducationOutreachLibrarian.pdf.
This twelve-month tenure-track faculty position will primarily provide outreach and service to students and faculty in the Judith Herb College of Education. Core duties will include teaching (which may include course integrated instruction, consultation services, credit classes, workshops, and reference services), providing access to information, and collection development. Other liaison responsibilities will include UToledo Online and the University Teaching Center. This position will closely work with other units to develop, coordinate, and sustain services for the expansion of print and electronic course reserves, open access textbooks, and open educational resources (OERs). This person will be the library’s liaison to UToledo’s affordability initiatives and OhioLINK’s Affordable Learning Group. In addition, this position has scholarship and service responsibilities required for fulfilling tenure standards of the College of University Libraries. These responsibilities include writing for publication, presenting at conferences, and engaging in service activities at the library, on campus, and professionally.
Please apply at https://utoledo.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1386?c=utoledo
Applications accepted until position is filled and should include cover letter, CV, and references.
Please apply by 2/14/2020 for full consideration.
Anticipated start date of July 1, 2020