Educational Resources Assistant
About this Job
The Educational Resources Assistant makes decisions that help University Libraries advance the university's priorities around reducing the costs of textbooks for students as well as open educational resources and OhioLINK activities, which provide discounted textbook access. Serves as lead contact for the Course Reserve Program for University Libraries and related activities and projects. Oversees the Thompson Library Course Reserves area and has daily direct communication with patrons and faculty. Serves as the resource point for Department Libraries staff doing reserves. Manages obtaining appropriate resources physical or digital equivalent and orders materials for all CRES funded purchases. Primary support for Circulation Operations and resolves problems working at the Thompson Library Circulation desk to provide exceptional public service to all patrons and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Provides digital reformatting and programming around controlled digital lending access requests. Consistently demonstrates commitment to our values and promotes an organizational culture of Discovery, Connection, Equity, Integrity, and Stewardship (https://library.osu.edu/strategic-directions) as well as dedication to advance the work of Content & Access. All other duties as assigned.
$17.00 - $20.00/hour
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience providing customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with and instruct a diverse range of external and internal constituents
- Forward-thinking with experience in anticipating and responding to the needs of customers and staff
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and push a cart weighting up to 80 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Experience supervising student employees
- Previous work experience in an academic or public library, particularly in circulation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jul 27, 2021 / This posting expires: Aug 2, 2021